Sunday 6 October 2013

Dark Circles


something I suffer with is dark circles under my eyes, probably because I barely sleep and don't drink much water at all (it's awful I know I'm going to try get better at it!) As I don't tend to wear any make up lately it's become a real probably as I don't use products to cover it up! so recently I've been researching into the causes and treatments and products you can use to get rid of them or at least make them better!

some of the ones I have like the sound of I'm going to share with you, I will try a few out and see if any make a difference and if so I will do a review on it and show the progress! (if there is any hopefully)

method one 

take 2 teaspoons and put them in the freezer over night, take them out and let them rest for a little, then place them gently under the eyes, moving to cover the whole undereye, the coldness of the spoons should wake up your under eye and decrease black circles!

method two 


use an ice cube or two and wrap them up well and place them under the eyes till it melts, this is the same sort of thing as method one just a bit harder

method three 


create your own green tea ice cubes, make some strong green tea, poor into an ice cube tray and leave till they are done (normally a couple hours) then wrap them up the same making sure they aren't too cold and dab them under the eyes, green tea has been proven to minimise dark cycles and is used in a lot of expensive treatments you can buy for under the eye.

method four 


use under eye creams regularly and start from a young age! using eye cream every night makes the under eye skin more strong and the stronger it is the less sensitive it will be to becoming puffy and dark, look out for ones that have caffeine in them as this has been proven to help a lot with immediate dark circles under the eyes.

method five 


being dehydrated does a lot of bad things to the body and skin (I would know) so making sure you drink lots of water will help, also having a healthier life style like sleeping more and not drinking or smoking! I'm going to try drink lots more water but I don't know how I will be able to fit more sleep in atm because life is rather hectic atm

method six 


and lastly the good old fashioned cucumber or tea bags on the eyes. you can cut up very thin slices of cold cucumber and rest on your eyes for ten minutes or you can chill a tea bag (prefabally green tea) and then place on your eyes for ten minute!

I haven't yet tried any of these method but am definitely going to start and keep you updated on what I think works best and how long it takes to be effective!!

love,
x

2 comments:

  1. Amazing help! I'm going to give method #1 a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I'm glad you liked it! I found it well interesting to research!! I like the idea of method 1 too :) x

    ReplyDelete